The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roller Derby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaGirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Roller Derby Reply with quote

Last night was quite the experience. A nice, quiet & polite girl I work with, who happens to be a medical librarian, told us that she had joined a roller derby team. After we stopped laughing and realized she was serious we decided we had to see this. The evening started with beer & pizza. Then onto the the match. Let me say that we were not dressed or adorned properly. We needed either multiple piercings, elaborate tattoos, orange hair or boots with spurs. Having all of the above made you perfectly attired. We had a blast. Lots of energy and action. I never quite figured out what was going but had a ton of fun cheering for "our" Toxic Shock team.

If you have never been to a roller derby, give it a try. Lots of fun! But I don't know that I need to go again. Some things are best experienced just once.

caribdreamer
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a hoot!

Look for the movie Whip It with Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore - quite fun.

skod
Nerd Without Portfolio MODERATOR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American ran that movie on the flight back from GND last time we were down. Made the trip *much* more enjoyable.

Packing now for the trip down to Diamant for wet dock work. The final punchlist for this service interval has 90 line items. Looking forward to it! My Indian name is "works on boats"...

caribdreamer
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a great time, Scott. Looking forward to hearing all the details of your progress, not that I understand much of the technical stuff but I enjoy reading it nonetheless!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: