The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 16-24, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyandlisa

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: October 16-24, 2013 Reply with quote

Can't wait to set sail! This is my and my husband's first IW cruise. Who else is sailing with us?
-Lisa
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lisa, you are in for a real treat!! We've sailed Diamant 5 times and just can't get enough of her so we're jumping on board for 2 weeks in August!!
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra,
You will love the explorer cruise. I did one in December and it was one of the best ever.

Margo
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited!!! It will be fun to travel a little further north on Diamant! Haven't been to St. Lucia for a while.
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to 3 places in St. Lucia-Rodney Bay, and I can't remember the other one. Captain Scott took us to 4 islands I had never been to! Try Mopion.

Have you ever sailed the last week of October? I was very disappointed when we did the October sail together and nothing was open. Pete and I are thinking about the last week of October but I am skeptical. You and Tuck should join us-there are cabins open.
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caribbeangirl wrote:
Have you ever sailed the last week of October? I was very disappointed when we did the October sail together and nothing was open.

We sailed the beginning of October in 2011. It was my wife's first time to the Grenadines and my ??? time. I love the Grenadines and used to spend 2-3 weeks every December down there. I too was VERY disappointed that so many things were closed. I was unable to completely share "my" Grenadines with my wife. Not to worry, we WILL be back so that she can get the whole experience, just not when things are closed up. We still had a great time, loved Diamant and the crew, and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Grenadines!

Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True some of the bars, etc will be closed but I heartbeat the fall in the islands! It's so quiet and peaceful. I think Captain Scott will be our Captain in August and we've never sailed with him as Captain. Of course we've never sailed with Captain Andell either so we'll have to plan a sail when he's at the helm. Would heartbeat love to sail in October but will have sailed 4 weeks this year, and need to start thinking about when to sail in '14!!
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish me luck. I am going to go for it and hope the end of the month is more lively. I need Grenada time and besides that Kay will be there! By the way AA has some really good fares at this time.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it Margo!!!!!!!
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing end of October will be much livelier than when we were there. Most of the places had signs saying, "We will be open at the end of the month"

We still had a GREAT time! Wouldn't change it for the world, I had just hoped to share a few places/bars with the best half, as well as the t-shirt trees. We didn't see a single t-shirt vendor the whole week. First time I have ever come across an inability to spend $$$ on T-shirts at the beach!

Sandra, Scott is a great guy! You will love sailing with him! He was "training" the week we were sailing in 2011. That is assuming we are talking about "young" Scott! lol

edit-both Scott's are great! But I think young Scott was shadowing Nervo for Captain duties and the elder Scott was on board as a bosun.

Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've sailed with the young Scott when he was in training with Matt in late Oct 2011 so I guess we just missed sailing with you. Terri was on board with us. We introduced him to the Mayreau Cultural Walk, and bought him drinks at each stop. I think he had a wee headache the next day.
RumSunFun
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Diamant Reply with quote

Scott is an excellent Captain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: