The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 4 - 16, 2013 Grenada to St Maarten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjtraveler
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: October 4 - 16, 2013 Grenada to St Maarten Reply with quote

Who else is going? Carol and I are flying in to Grenada on the 2nd and flying out of St. Maarten on the 21st. We haven't made hotel reservations at either yet. With all the post on The Sea Shanty it's hard to decide where to stay. We have visited both islands in the past and like to explore new restaurants, bars and hotels.

Carol and Stuart Jenkins

calsailor
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

I will be sailing on the Diamant those same dates, and we will probably meet in Grenada.

While in Grenada, I always stay at the Allamanda on Grand Anse. It is very reasonably priced for me, clean and very friendly. And, you cannot beat the location - in the middle of Grand Anse and close to Spiceland Mall (grocery store, shops) and quite a few places to eat (including my favorite, Umbrellas).

I was on Sagitta in May out of St. Martin's. You will love the ship and crew. I stayed before the ship out on Simpson Bay at the Azure - very nice but rather isolated. There is a wonderful beach just outside the door to the rooms. Afterward, I stayed for a few days in town at the Passangrahan. That was wonderful - nice room, very clean and friendly, and right in the middle of the boardwalk where there are lots of restaurants and shops. I really liked it there and would return any time.

Hope to meet you in Grenada. I arrive September 24 so will already be on island when you arrive. Don't hesitate to find me. I will be sitting under the Almond Tree on Grand Anse - my favorite place to relax and watch the ocean move.

caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous Kay!
wjtraveler
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All paid up. Hotel reservations made. Staying at Blue Horizons in Grenada and Azure in St Maarten. Both new properties for us. Hope we are not the only passengers on board.
Liz
Flagwaver and Keeper of the Flame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wjtraveler wrote:
All paid up. Hotel reservations made. Staying at Blue Horizons in Grenada and Azure in St Maarten. Both new properties for us. Hope we are not the only passengers on board.

You'll have lots of good company, wjtraveler! My sister and her friend are among the other guests. They're tons of fun :D
cocktail cocktail cocktail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: