The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's with us May 30- June 5, 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beach Girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Who's with us May 30- June 5, 2014 Reply with quote

We know the ship is sold out for our week. Anyone out there reading this joining us on our week? We're first timers doing this so want any helpful information from anyone who has experienced this adventure before. Thanks! Beach Girl
HeidiNHerb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Sailing May 30 on Diamant Reply with quote

We're onboard with you. This will be my first time and Herb's 7th time on a Windjammer type cruise. We're from Virginia, what about you?
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Heidi where in VA are you? We're in Crozet right outside of Charlottesville.
HeidiNHerb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in Tappahannock. Small world, huh? We're flying from Richmond to Miami on the 28th. Trying to find a place to stay on the 28th and 29th. How about you?
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fly out of Richmond also, and do the Park and Fly at the Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel 804-222-8200. You can leave your car at the hotel; they will take you to the airport, and you call them when you get back in and they'll pick you up. We stay the night before we fly out at 7:55 am but drive home when we get back in. It's a lot easier flying out of Richmond than Dulles!! For the long layover in Miami I get a 30 day Admiral's Club pass for $99 and it allows you to take in 2 guests. A good deal as you can use it coming and going! We stay at the Allamanda Beach Resort on Grand Anse Beach; nothing fancy just 2 star but it is clean; has a pool; great location on the beach; close to about 10 restaurants, ATMs and bus stop. If you stay at the Allamanda, after you check in to the hotel you can go across the street to the "Wall Street" vendors and get something to eat and drink as the hotel restaurant is usually closed. We usually get a fresh grilled fish sandwich and a beer and take it back to our room to eat. The vendors will have local food and drink.
HeidiNHerb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going in April or in May?
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fly out of RIC 4/23 and sail 4/25 - 5/8 and fly home 5/10. I am so ready after the horrendous winter we had!!
HeidiNHerb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been so cold up until last week that I haven't even thought about getting things together and what to bring until this weekend. Let me know how your trip goes. Have a great sail!
Patel12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're onboard with you. This will be my first time and Herb's 7th time on a Windjammer type cruise. We're from Virginia, what about you?
Liz

Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patel the previous posts were from 2014 but we'll be sailing May 8-20. We live in Crozet, VA and have sailed IWJ 11 weeks. So where in VA are you??
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also with you in VA in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater/Coastal Virginia area. I too have done many trips with IWJ and think you will enjoy yourselves.

Margo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: