The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any divers out there with advice on Diving Windward Islands?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tragehlmann

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Any divers out there with advice on Diving Windward Islands? Reply with quote

I am sailing on the Sagitta Sept 25-Oct 1, 2015 and want to try to get a dive or two in. Has anyone made diving arrangements before for a IWJ cruise?
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any divers out there with advice on Diving Windward Isla Reply with quote

tragehlmann wrote:
I am sailing on the Sagitta Sept 25-Oct 1, 2015 and want to try to get a dive or two in. Has anyone made diving arrangements before for a IWJ cruise?

Hi TracyAnne,

I dive in/around Grenada whenever I get down. Suggest arriving a couple of days pre-cruise and catch a dive or 2 before boarding. I use Aquanauts of Grenada, but there are 4 or 5 PADI certified operations on the island. Over in Bequia, there is some really nice diving as well. Do some pre-cruise research and contact one of the dive shops over there before you head South. Then you can have the Captain or Ops Manager call them from the ship when you are coming into port.

Recommend researching dive information (reviews/ratings, etc.) on scubadvisor.com and worlddivingreview.com before the cruise. Also, a ton of information about diving and everything else Grenadian on the website http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/Homepageeng.htm

Have fun ... I'm jealous. Say HI to the seahorses for me.

Saucy

PS: Whoops, I forgot to add: not diving, but there is excellent snorkling opportunities all along the route; Tobago Cays, swim with sea turtles; Sandy Island off Union, nice snorkling, etc.
tragehlmann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Thank you so much Reply with quote

I have to admit that i was a bit confused on how to make arrangements considering we do not know the itinerary or which islands we will be visiting. Thanks so much for the advise. I wish I could spend more time in Grenada, but maybe next trip...have 3 more sailing plans in the near future.
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquanauts is good, yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: