The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sagitta March 6-12 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RickYvonne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Sagitta March 6-12 2016 Reply with quote

When do we find out which islands we're going to visit? The literature said we visit "a selection" of islands listed. Do we get a vote?
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a surprise!! rolling rolling The Captain will tell you the plan for the day, etc. as a lot depends on the weather(winds, seas). Occasionally the Captain might give you an option, and the passengers get to vote on where they want to go. Just go with the flow, and you'll have a wonderful time.
CAIslandGirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Sagitta March 6th Reply with quote

There is a white board in the salon that lets everyone know the "island of the day" and excursions that you can sign up to do if you wish. I can't wait to be back aboard!

Anyone interested in meeting up Saturday for a pre-sail ice breaker? cocktail
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you first come aboard, play close attention to the Captain and Operations Manager's introduction talks. One of them will tell you WHEN the Island of the Day will be discussed. Usually it is the afternoon before you arrive (ie. "Tomorrow we will be at ___, and ...) and the various tours, activities, points of interest will be described and the tour sign up boards will be out. Afterwards (after dinner??) the whiteboard will be updated with information about the next day's activities.

TIP: For trip journals and sorting those 100s of vacation photos: Take a photo of the white board at the beginning of each day ... it will help you keep track of where you were.

Saucy
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That whiteboard photo tip is so darn practical that I can't figure
out why I never thought of it til a fellow passenger mentioned in on our last sail. Rolling Eyes

Mark & Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: White Board. good reminder. I had forgot about that. Reply with quote

We did a Barefoot Windjammer some years ago and that was always helpful and a good way to start the day's photos.javascript:emoticon('photo')
Mark & Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sagitta March 6th Reply with quote

CAIslandGirl wrote:
There is a white board in the salon that lets everyone know the "island of the day" and excursions that you can sign up to do if you wish. I can't wait to be back aboard!

Anyone interested in meeting up Saturday for a pre-sail ice breaker? cocktail

Same here, we can't wait to be back on board sailing.javascript:emoticon('cocktail')
NYCSails

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Meet up Saturday Evening before Departure? Reply with quote

Anyone want to meet up Saturday evening at Captain Olivers?? One week til departure woohoo!!
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you arrive at Captain Oliver's?
CAIslandGirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arrive at Captain Oliver's Friday. NYCsails will be in on Saturday. PM me and we can arrange to meet. Can't wait! The vacation countdown is on!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: