The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vela Sound System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texasgirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Vela Sound System Reply with quote

OK...all you young people (or older) who have already sailed on Vela...what kind of sound system is on board? I am technology challenged and still listen to CDs and wondering if Vela has a CD player? I would love to bring a some of my favorites (the soundtrack from Carlitos Way and Santana's Supernatural come to mind) for the May 29 sail out of Tortola. I think some dancing on deck after dinner sounds fun!!! Just 4 weeks away from my turn on Vela!
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we sailed in January we played music from people's iPods. I don't recall there being a CD player, but that might just be because we didn't use it.
Railmon Mike
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I didn't look too close, I think there might be a CD player as part of the sound system. I don't think it's very hard transferring music to cel phones or MP3 players so why not give that a thought? Besides, CD's take up a lot more space. And Vela does have a nice area near the bow where you can get your happy feet moving.
party

scubamomof3

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Texasgirl Reply with quote

Hey Texasgirl! I think Alex and I sailed with you on Diamant in Aug/Sept 2014. What a wonderful sail! I see that you will be on Vela very soon. We will be sailing in early August 2016. Wish you were coming with us! Let me know how your trip is. I'm sure it will be fantastic! - Theresa
Texasgirl

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Theresa! Yes...I remember you and Alex! I agree...that sail out of Grenada was awesome! Loved Diamant and the Grenadines and I will do that trip again in the future! Right now...2 weeks from today and I will be on board Vela! What boat are you sailing in August? Whichever one...I know you will have a wonderful time!

Kris
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be sailing on Vela August 7. Let me know about the sound system!

-Theresa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: