The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sagitta - BVI - May 21-27, 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOHoser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Sagitta - BVI - May 21-27, 2017 Reply with quote

Ahoy, Shipmates! Anyone else arriving evening of May 19th? Suggestions for hotel or libations? Share some thoughts! Thanks!
MOHoser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: More Sagitta Solo May 21-27, 2017 Reply with quote

I am surprised nobody sailing this week has checked-in yet on Sea Shanty! I am a late-comer, so have just made hotel reservations for the nights of May 19,20, and 27 at Maria's By The Sea. Some other locations are already full.

Looks like I have a double room, so if anyone is still looking for lodging any of these nights, I could share (since we will be, once aboard!) and split costs. Also, taxi from EIS airport to Road Town is about $30, also suitable for sharing.

How about a pre-sail cold brew get-together on Fri and/or Sat? Pusser's is one possibility - know of any others? It has been years since I have been in Road Town - Out of Touch! Thanks!

Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stayed there last May waiting on Vela. Left/forgot my cell phone in the room after I checked out. Called them from Vela that night and they had the phone. I picked it up the following week. Gave the cleaning lady a good tip. Good choice for a place to stay and within walking distance to the boat pickup. Good breakfast too. Sharky's has good Mexican food. If you want something beside Pusser's
Paul

[/url]
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cane Garden Bay is my favorite location. There are a variety of places to stay from cheap to expensive and Quito is building a new one.
Snooze

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Sagiita May 19th arrival! Reply with quote

Hey Doug O,
I will be coming in on the afternoon of MAy 19 to orient myself to the island and would be glad to meet you for a brewski. I need to locate a rental car and think that DeeDee's offers the best Jinmey at 50/day.

I look forward to meeting you. I love to sail and it's been far too long even on a small sailboat so this is a bucket list for me. Been dreaming about it for probably 30+ years. Have you sailed on this ship before?

All the best,
Sooz (Snooze login)
MOHoser

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snooz - Sorry for the late response, but for some reason Sea Shanty is not notifying when my message gets an answer - this HAS worked in the past. Yes, I arrive (EIS) Fri 5/19 on Delta 7322 from San Juan at 6:35pm, if all works OK. Then on to Maria's BTS. Yes, I have sailed IWJ four times, two aboard Sagitta, but out of St Maarten. If you want more direct contact with me, I am MOHoser@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you, and that we can connect pre-sail.
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notification: I've got that problem, too.....been going on for awhile, checked my settings, supposed to be working. Time to ask Sandra
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pm Sandra yesterday with a question and had no problem getting her answer or notification.

[/url]
MOHoser

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Reply still not working for me - did not get notification on last two replies to me.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I can't help with the notifications other than to pass the word on to Liz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: