The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Lucia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: St. Lucia Reply with quote

Is there any place in Marigot Bay that you can leave your Luggage for several hours prior to boarding Vela at 2:00PM?

Anyone else sailing with us on June 25th?

Brian

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
jimsaint

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Vela is docked in front of the lovely hotel with the infinity pool (the name of it escapes me), you might try to find a crew member and ask them if they'll keep your bags for you alongside the ship.

I think you can take advantage of the hotel's pool and bar while you're waiting to board ship, but not certain. Better to check with IWJ regarding my advice.

If your staying at the Marigot Bay Beach Club Hotel, I believe the front desk will lock them up for you.

Cheers,
Jim

Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll meet your shipmates at the Bayside Cafe in the Capella Marina in Marigot Bay, and from our experience, most get there between noon and 1pm. Plenty of place to set your bags, and the food there is good (try the pizza). It gives you the opportunity to meet/greet before you go aboard, when a crew member comes to get you all, about 2PM. Wear something that says IWJ or similar, and you'll get noticed by the others as they arrive! Of course, all those soft-sided bags are a big clue, too!! LOL.

From the Bayside Cafe, there are a few shops and some street vendors. And, it's a nice walk down the boardwalk towards a very nice hotel at the end, where you'll find Vela. She's usually in the last or second-to-last slip.

ENJOY!!!! We still have 81 days, 2 hours and 11 minutes till our turn, but who's counting.

Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailorJM wrote:
You'll meet your shipmates at the Bayside Cafe in the Capella Marina in Marigot Bay, and from our experience, most get there between noon and 1pm. Plenty of place to set your bags, and the food there is good (try the pizza). It gives you the opportunity to meet/greet before you go aboard, when a crew member comes to get you all, about 2PM. Wear something that says IWJ or similar, and you'll get noticed by the others as they arrive! Of course, all those soft-sided bags are a big clue, too!! LOL.

From the Bayside Cafe, there are a few shops and some street vendors. And, it's a nice walk down the boardwalk towards a very nice hotel at the end, where you'll find Vela. She's usually in the last or second-to-last slip.

ENJOY!!!! We still have 81 days, 2 hours and 11 minutes till our turn, but who's counting.

FYI, it has recently been announced that the Bayside Cafe at Capella Marigot Bay is closed for renovations. All guests will be advised of the actual meeting place closer to their cruise date as it could change based on the week-to-week situation.

As for leaving your bags between check-out and boarding ... suggest asking the hotel you are checking out of (presuming it is in Marigot Bay) to lock up your bags for a couple of hours. I've done that in every port I've sailed from without issue.

Saucy
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marigot Bay Resort will hold your bags for you. Just take your bags down to checkout. No problem mon.
Jotum
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Capella Resort which is actually on the side where the ship docks would keep your bags if you were staying there It is a great hotel.
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we can say we've stayed at Marigot Bay Beach Resort twice and loved it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: