The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liquor & Groceries in Marigot Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancydunlap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Liquor & Groceries in Marigot Bay Reply with quote

We will be headed back to Marigot Bay to board Sagitta for another sailing next week. This time, I would really like to bring some Rum onboard, along with some limes and sugar to make some mojitos onboard. Does anyone know if I can easily purchase those items right in the marina at some sort of grocery store? If not there, can you recommend a supermarket that I can either walk to from the Marigot Beach and Dive Club ... or perhaps have the shuttle driver stop by on our trip in from the airport? Will be arriving early Saturday afternoon, so I have to believe something will be open. Ideas? Where does the ship procure their fresh produce and liquor in St. Lucia? This is my third trip to Marigot Bay ... and I have yet to venture out beyond the resort!! Thanks for any input you guys can give.
remimc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a tiny tiny market there at the marina by the café ............... or your taxi driver could stop as they pass a larger grocery store on your way from the airport. I know it is a second taxi ride, but we always stay at the Bay Gardens Hotel. Access to Reduit beach and lots of stores to stock up.
Have a great sail!
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rum and sugar you can get at the marina. I remember going to the small ship stores located there. Limes I don't remember. Why not just bring a plastic bottle of 100% RealLime juice concentrate with you. Unless you are doing carry on and then you wouldn't be able to carry on the :airplane. Cannt help with the question about the stores in the area. will let one of our IWJ shipmates help with that one. good question will help me for Dec trip

[/url]
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the small grocery store at Marigot Bay has quite a bit of stuff. I was really surprised.
nancydunlap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! Sounds like I should be able to get what I need from the Marina store. And good idea, Paul, about bringing the plastic bottle of lime in my bag (I will be checking a bag). I can do that as a backup in case I don't find any fresh limes!
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy, here is another idea. I use Pinterest to look up recipes. You can really use Pinterest for so many other things. If you do use Pinterest go to their search area and type in Marigot bay St Lucia . You will be surprise at all the inform that shows up. Another good one that I think is under used for information is Trip Advisor and the forms blogs on Trip Advisor. Just my thought this early Sunday morning after returning from the gym .

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: