The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Itinerary for Sagitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: NEW Itinerary for Sagitta Reply with quote

Captain Matt has put together a fabulous six night itinerary from St Kitts. Planned stops are Antigua, Guadeloupe, Montserrat, Nevis, and of course St Kitts/Shiggedy Shack on the last night.

Who is ready to sign up????

nancark
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And maybe Saba? Haven't been there since 1991 on the Poly.
Seahorse76

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saba was hit pretty hard, too...may be a little while before they are ready for visitors ☹️
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stopped at Moneserrat a yr ago when sailing Vela. It was our first time there, and we've been sailing with WJBC in '93. OMG! Unbelievable. They offered a really nice tour of the area that is open to the public. It was worth the trip just to go there, and see the devastation from the volcano.

Nancy I doubt that Saba will be included as it is a very difficult harbor for docking. It's on my bucket list as we've never been there.

caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have to sign up. Never been to Montserrat and always wanted to.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it Margo. It was an awesome sail!!They have a really nice museum that tells the story of the volcano's destruction. Most of the island is still in unhabitable. The population has decreased dramatically.
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only problem is I can't book it now which is a pain
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We visited Montserrat before the volcano blew, but it was smoking and burping and giving all indications that it WOULD go soon. It was a beautiful, friendly island, and Jeff took a day-long mountain bike ride/tour that he enjoyed lots. From what we could determine after the volcano, the entire area we were in, with its quaint shops and all and including the capitol city....was destroyed.
It would be interesting to revisit now. I understand the capitol was rebuilt on another side of the island...?

on vacation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: New Sailing route for Sagitta Reply with quote

I'm booked to sail in April on the Sagitta and sad we can't do the BVI's due to the terrible impact of Irma, but glad all the ships are safe and are still sailing.

Will this be RT our of St Kitts?

I was looking around for hotels on St Kitts and looks like there are some real cute ones on part of the island that I've never been to.

Anyone have hotel recs?

Kim
#texasstrong
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim we've never stayed on St. Kitts but have been to the Ocean View Terrace Inn which is within walking distance of the docks. When sailing on WJBC, Captain Casey sent a couple of us there to spend the day at their pool as he was a friend of the manager. It was great; good food and bar. Mind you it's been a while but it might be worth checking out.

I do not recommend the "train" trip around the island(if offered.) All you see are sugar plantations. It was rather boring even with the drinks offered.

There is definitely some shopping at the cruise dock plus a few good bars /restaurants in town.

There is also a great batik factory on the island. I think you can take an
island tour which includes it.

Another plus for this itinerary is Antigua. We've stayed on the island several times, and the beaches are great!! Also nice shopping in town right off from the dock. Again, it's been a while since we've been there.

Definitely a different trip than the BVIs but you'll have a blast. Hard not to when you're sailing an Island Girl.

on vacation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true Sandra! Yes, i've only spent the night on Antigua before on the old company never got to see much of the island, so that will be cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Brethren of the Coast All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: