The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sailing 10-22 May 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: sailing 10-22 May 2013 Reply with quote

I have booked a vacation for 10 - 22 May on DIAMANT. if we are sailing together you may contact me.
Octoberbabe
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I'll be there, too. I had such a great time last month, I booked it for next year!

Di

[/url]
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to post your trip on http://www.sagibson.com/wjlists/

Hopefully you'll meet up with some other passengers.

Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: 10-22 may 2013 Reply with quote

octoberbabe,

Thanks for the reply. Our crew is coming together. I have done 3 WJ, Arabella, Liberty, Pirate dive boats out of Miami, Roseway, and a live aboard in the Galapagos Islands. I will be more than likely arriving on Wed. airlines dont have flight up yet but i will be flying out of Newark, NJ to Miami to St Georges. I was in Greanda with the Navy a few years ago doing drug ops. So this isnt my first time down there.
Paul

[/url]
RandyRussell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul and Di........ Di, LaBerta and I are so excited we'll be together next year for another great cruise. It was the best time of our lives. Did you get the link to the photos on Walgreen's site? Paul, great to have you with us. This was my first barefoot cruise and I'm hooked. LaBerta has been on 5-7 previously. Since before we married 2.5 years ago she has been wanting to treat me to what she has so enjoyed, and it was certainly no disappointment. We booked next year before we left port in Grenada. We live in Arkansas. Randy (and LaBerta)
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: 10-22 Oct 2012 Reply with quote

Randy and LaBerta,

thanks for the email. Our little group is coming together. As I said I done a few of these sailing vacations and have had a good time on most. This isnt my first time on Grenada. I was there a few years ago, for 90 days doing drug ops with the USN. Will be interesting to see how it changed. Will have to watch the airline flights. A friend of mine flys for AA and understand they are in big trouble and might go under. I was going to book the flight next month but might wait until I see what happens to AA. I would be flying from Miami to Grenada. I will more than likely get there a couple of days early. Maybe, we can have a drink together before the trip. Last, year I did the s/v Liberty in the Bahamas ( wouldnt recommend it) and the year before the s/v Arabella ( the best vacation and boat) in BVI. If you have any lessons learn or suggestion from your trip, I would like to hear. I plan on buying euros before getting there. Is that a good plan ? What was the agreed tip that everyone paid last year ? I am guessing around 10-12 %. These guys work hard to make our trip a good one and I know they earn their money. Just wondering for my budget. thanks paul

[/url]
PubCrawler
Publican & Shipboard Shepherd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 10-22 Oct 2012 Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
I plan on buying euros before getting there. Is that a good plan ?

E.C. (Eastern Caribbean Dollars) is the currency in use, but USD ($) work in most places.

I generally use the ATM at Point Salines. The exchange is at bank rate, and the service fees were negligible if there were any.

Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: currency Reply with quote

Thanks Pub Crawler

[/url]
Octoberbabe
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaBerta and Randy - I didn't get the Walgreen's link. See PM for my email address.

I plan on flying down on Wednesday the 8th and home Friday the 24th or Saturday the 25th. I have always flown AA, but I probably won't book until November or so. I'll stay at the Allamanda pre/post cruise on Grand Anse Beach. Can't beat the rates or the location there.

I generally get ECs at the ATM across the street from the Allamanda at the little shopping center.

This will be my 6th sail on Diamant (I'm sailing this fall for a week). I did about 18 weeks on Windjammer Barefoot Cruises before they went defunct - mostly on the Mandalay, but also Legacy and Polynesia.

Paul, I can't wait to meet you and hear about your adventures!

Di

[/url]
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: seastories. Reply with quote

yes, I have a few seastories from my many adventures around the world. Did two trips on s/v Flying Cloud and one on s/v Polynesia. Boy, you liked WJ with 18 trips. Sorry to see them disappear. After I sailed on the S/V Arabella I had book right away for the next year. the owner died and the boat has stopped sailing. there are rumors she might sal again in 2013. Ill save my Club Med Bora Bora story for the trip. the end of the story is they shutdown the resort two weeks bfore I was going to leave.

Have to keep a eye on AA because they are in big trouble and could go under. They are awaiting a Judges ruling right now. A good friend of mind is a international pilot with them. I am going to wait until around Nov. too to book the flight. Last, time I was in Grenada there wasnt much beside Spice Island Marina and Grand Asne Resort. Havent booked anythng yet. Was thinking about Kalinago Resort. Bank of America will change money for me before I travel. Guess Ill bring EC dollars with me. I am sure the might dollar will be taken too.

Any suggests or things you would do differntly.

paul

[/url]
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Unless B of A is going to do the money exchange thing for free, and give you the current exchange rate of $2.70 EC to $1.00 US ... I wouldn't waste time, expense or effort. US $ is accepted everywhere (at a cash exchange rate of approx. $2.60) and you will get EC as change. You can walk across the street to any of the banks (one at Spiceland Mall is open on Saturday morning) and they will change dollars into EC (it's magic, Mon!) at the going rate of $2.70 to $1. I also use their ATM to get ready EC cash from my checking account (my bank doesn't charge foreign exchange fees or out of network fees) whenever I am in Grenada.

Saucy
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the ec dollar info

[/url]
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: sold out Reply with quote

I was just looking at the Island Windjammer web site. I see the cruise for 10-22 May is now sold out.

[/url]
RandyRussell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold out? Wow, glad we booked in the harbor in Grenada before we left for our cruise! It will be great.
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: getting closer to leaving May 2013 Reply with quote

Booked my flights today. Newark to Miami on United and Miami to Grenada on AA and back again on the 22 May. Will be arriving on the 8 th May and staying at TRUE BLUE Resort. This is one of the places recommended by Islands Windjamer. If you book with then email them to book and use IW name to get discount. If you book on line you dont get the discount. I will be staying there for two days before the sail.
Happy Merry Christmas

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: