The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April 24 - 5/8/14 Sail away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: April 24 - 5/8/14 Sail away Reply with quote

OK! 4/24 - 5/8/14 we'll be doing back-to-back's on the good ship Diamant! Looks like we'll be in Carriacou for the first night of the Maroon Festival. YAY!! Will get to see RSF before she heads homes (unless we can convince her to stay and sail an extra week), and of course, we'll sail 1 week with Di! Anyone else out there joining us?????
cupidsrose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Hi, everybody, I am a new friend. Reply with quote

Hi, everybody, I am a new friend. :D
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cupidsrose so glad you are onboard! We heartbeat new friends. Tell us a little about yourself. Do you have a sail planned, etc? After surfing through some of the posts, if you have any questions just ask, and someone will respond.
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it if there is space.
arzoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder - I forgot that everything would be closed. Ah well, I go for the sailing and the beaches anyway.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5th Carriacou Maroon and String Band Music Festival is April 25 - 27th. So Di looks like we'll get to hear some live music in Carriacou!!
Octoberbabe
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

party party party party party party Says it all!

Di

[/url]
Beach Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Sandra Reply with quote

You are my "Let's Lighten Up My Day and Read Sandra's Newest Post" go to person. Again, I appreciate your replies yesterday. I realize you leave for 2 glorious weeks on the Diamante at the end of April. How lucky but with your winter, I know you're looking forward to it!
I came up with three more questions - I promise I'll stop thinking up things to ask you but.... in several Blogs, passengers spoke of eating some lunches and some dinners on land. Is that a common practice? The food seems wonderful on the ship - why leave? What do you do? Any special places we must try?
I learned from your postings that you have sailed on the Diamant 6 times - WOW! Do you have a favorite cabin? We have #5 and our friends have #6. Ours looks great. The ship looks great!!!
Please give me the phonetic pronunciation of Diamant. Don't want to sound stupid on arrival! THANKS again for your help! Keep up your fun postings! Judy
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The food on ship is fabulous! Warning: Loose a couple of lbs before you go because you will definitely gain a few on board. A definite must is Lobster Pizza with extra garlic for either lunch or dinner at Mac's Pizza in Bequia. The Captain will poll the passengers to see if anyone wants to eat there and when. He'll make reservations for the group. Usually everyone goes for dinner. It will depend on what other islands you go to. If we go to Petit St. Vincent (PSV), I will definitely have lunch at the beach bar there. Most of the time we just stop for drinks at the different bars on the islands. The ship will send their beach bar to the islands where there is none such as Sandy Island, Anse La Roche, Tobago Cays.

We usually stay in cabin 6 as it has a large double bed but we've stayed in cabin 4, and we'll be staying in cabin 2. Depends on what is available, and you are really only in your cabin to shower and sleep so you really don't "spend time" hanging out there. They are all comfortable; some a little bigger than others - 6 is the largest and 1 & 2 are the smallest.

Happy sails!!

D ah mant!

Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably the only person in the whole world who does not care for Mac's Pizza on Bequia ... mostly because I don't like (to taste the) garlic and I like my lobster steamed, baked or au gratin. They do make a mean quiche however.

There are some other nice restaurants and el fresco bars along the waterfront. I usually stop and enjoy a beverage or 2, just to chill and gaze out at the harbor. After hoofing it over to Sargeant's Boat Carving shop and walking the town, sitting and enjoying a beverage.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The packing has begun!!!!! and yes I think it will all fit in my middle size duffle...tight but it will fit! cocktail cocktail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: