The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb. 7-13th.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Feb. 7-13th. Reply with quote

Finely picked a date to sail and get it out of my bucket.
Anybody else out there climbing onboard Feb. 7th?
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the board, Hotair!

Congrats on picking a date for your tallship2. Now you can start daydreaming of hammock and sunchair and beautiful moonlitwater Meanwhile, since it is morning, let me offer you coffeecup from our bottomless cofmaker ... sit back and tell us a little about yourself.

If you have any questions about your upcoming trip, ask away ... someone among us will probably have the answers you seek. As for who may be joining you ... we recommend signing up on http://www.sagibson.com/wjlists/ These lists are independently operated and updated regularly.

Donna the Saucy Secretary
Hotair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading this forum for a few months so most of the questions
have been answered. But the better half would like to know what kind
of white wine is served on board?
Octoberbabe
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a red and there is a white. Personally, I have the steward mix them so that I get a rose (right guys?). Somebody else will have to get more specific if you want to know more than color. drinkwine

laffing laffing laffing laffing laffing laffing

Di

[/url]
Hotair

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!!!!!! I'll bet you lime in your beer.
Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually as a wine drinker I would like to know what white wine is served cos if its Chardonnay then I would want to bring my own! I definitely do not drink Chardonnay and neither does John so this is definitely important for us.
Liz
Flagwaver and Keeper of the Flame

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wines on board both ships are red and white table wines. The type varies depending on what's available. If you're a wine connoisseur and are looking for (or trying to avoid) a specific type or quality of wine, you're very welcome to bring your own on board. The stewards will be happy to store it for you
:D Hi drinkwine

Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not wine connoisseurs, it's simply a matter of taste as far as we are concerned. We do not drink chardonnay due to the 'oaky' overtones and if chardonnay were to be the white wine available we would prefer not to drink it. It may very well be that, if there is sufficient space to store other wines, we may choose to bring our own.
sunrunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sailed both Diamant and Sagitta. The wines were fine--nothing fancy, but perfectly pleasant. Since the wine was included in the fare, I never expected a wine list with multiple choices.

And hey, if I didn't like the wine, I could have chosen something else!! There were a couple of different local beers, there was juice and iced tea, and the coolers were always full of sodas. I brought my own bottle of vodka for my vodka and tonics. The stewards mixed them up for me without me even asking. They were awesome! And no giant bar tab at the end of the week was the BEST!

Money cheers :yeah baby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Sunrunner.

I don't normally drink wine either and wouldn't presume to proclaim a wine "good" "bad" or even average. If I feel like having wine with a meal, I will ... or I'll pass.

What I appreciate is the assortment of beverages available and my ability to bring along a bottle of local rum and mix my own concoction. (with no end of cruise bar tab.)

Saucy
Tim
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great wine!
Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wishing to 'harp' on about this and make a big deal of it but I do not particularly enjoy rum based drinks and, therefore, would bring along a bottle of gin for my evening gin and tonic (which I did when I sailed on Diamant') However, I do drink wine particularly with meals and (I'm now wishing I did not put my oar in this thread) if the table wine was a chardonnay that would be a problem for me.

This does not mean that I would not appreciate the fact that wine/beer and sodas are included in the price of the cruise and that if these products are all that a passenger drinks during their trip they will have a zero bar bill.

sunrunner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bow down surrender givemegrog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Onion wrote:
Not wishing to 'harp' on about this and make a big deal of it but I do not particularly enjoy rum based drinks and, therefore, would bring along a bottle of gin for my evening gin and tonic (which I did when I sailed on Diamant') However, I do drink wine particularly with meals and (I'm now wishing I did not put my oar in this thread) if the table wine was a chardonnay that would be a problem for me.

This does not mean that I would not appreciate the fact that wine/beer and sodas are included in the price of the cruise and that if these products are all that a passenger drinks during their trip they will have a zero bar bill.

Dorothy, please do not take my comments as a reflection on your preferences in wine. I can honestly state that I wouldn't know Chardonnay from Pinot Noir without the darned label! However, your description of the flavor does lead me to believe that it is also one of the wines I am not fond of ...

The posters' various likes/dislikes just makes this a very interesting topic to explore.

Saucy
Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Saucy!

No I did not take your comments in that light - no worries! Glad to meet someone else who says, when asked what white wine they would like - ABC (Anything But Chardonnay)!!! I have a real aversion to the 'oakey' overtones which I find very unpleasant - therefore I don't drink it! On the other hand any other white wine is fine in my book!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: