The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sagitta - sailing March 23-29, 2014
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonnie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Sagitta - sailing March 23-29, 2014 Reply with quote

We've booked our WindJammer cruise! Less than 3 months, and I'm excited!

Anyone else on this cruise with us?
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Bonnie. I'm not sailing with you but rest assured you won't be alone! You will have a great time! March will be here soon! Stop by the bar and join us for a drink or two!!
IndianaCheeseHead
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bonnie,
Welcome aboard.
We will be sailing with you on the Sagitta that week. This will be our second voyage on the Sagitta and we can't wait until then.
Kathy and I are arriving on Thursday 3/20/14 and are staying at the Pasanggrahan(our favorite) until boarding on Sunday.

See you then,
Lyman & Kathy

cheers
Bonnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lyman! I'm looking forward to meeting you and Kathy!

I am impressed with the number of 'returnees' - indicates a good probability of the experience being as good as described.

We've been on Uniworld riverboat cruises, some small boats here in the Gulf - but this will be totally unique.
RumShopRyan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Booked! Reply with quote

Ahoy Mates!

I just booked a cruise on the Sagitta for March 23rd. This will be my second IWJ cruise but first on the Sagitta. I'm looking forward to meeting all you fellow passengers!

Cheers!
Ryan

Only worry in the world is if the tides gonna reach my chair. Cheers!

http://RumShopRyan.com
http://Caribbean.Answers.com
winefrog
Bon Vivant & Sybarite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be on the week before you guys...I'll try and leave a little rum for you :D
Ed Tisdale

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy, me hearties, and all that sea talk.

Ted and Anne here, booked on the 23d March trip. Anne is a veteran Caribbean tripper with six trips with assorted friends, family, and grandprincesses. All on the big boats. Her first to the Leewards; my first, period.

Looking forward to the trip. Anne's sister and her husband will be along also.
Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Also joining u week of March 23rd Reply with quote

Hi!! Keith and Cathy (with a C- I see we have a Kathy with a K too!) Boyett will be joining you all the week of March 23rd. Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing a week of fun and sun! We will be at Turquoise Shell a couple of days before we sail.

Our past tall sailing experiences include the Windward and Leeward Islands on the Royal Clipper several years ago and then just last year we did the British Virgin Islands on Liberty Star.

It will be here before we know it!! After a couple of pretty cold days in Alabama this week I am ready to get some sun!!
Bonnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm counting the weeks - less than 10 - and we'll be sailing.

Harry and I have gone on 2 riverboat cruises (Uniworld: Nuremberg, Ger to Paris, and Italy) - this will be a lot different. I'm excited!

I already have my bathing suits out and ready - though we still have to check our swim masks and decide whether to carry them.

We live in FL on the Gulf Coast - a bit chilly but not as cold as much of the country.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

tallship2
Ed Tisdale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Keith and Cathy. Don't forget to set your clocks to Daylight Saban Time so you don't miss any connections!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Big UT fan here, and growing up in Louisiana, an LSU fan in the SEC.

Would not have been at all disappointed if Nick had been interested in Mack's job. I do admire the man.

Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

Our last small boat experience was an Inside Passage voyage on the sternwheeler, Empress of the North. Great fun.
Keith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Ed- Saban is the one who needs to set HIS clock- He is one SEC behind
Auburn this year. Personally I'd like to get Nick's mother drunk and find out if SHE loves him.
Bonnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so looking forward to this cruise - and the warm weather! Looked at a slew of reviews from previous Sagitta trips ... sigh ... 9 more weeks.

It's cold here (FL Gulf coast) - really needing some tropics!
Ed Tisdale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Howdy, future friends Reply with quote

Thought I'd give a thumbnail sketch of Anne and I. We are both seniors- 65+. Both retired Air Force- she, MSgt, me, Major (so you know who's in charge). Traveled a good bit with assignments all over the US and the world. Met here in Texas in 81, married in Korea in 83, ended up back in Texas in 90. Looking forward to meet y'all in a month or so. Ted Tisdale
Bonnie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ted - we're 65+ too! and Harry is also retired Air Force (21 years, Lt.Col.). He's lived various places (Vietnam, Jordan, Hawaii, etc.); and we lived in Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin) until we retired and moved to the FL gulf coast. We're looking forward to meeting you and Anne, and all the rest of our group - getting closer ....
tallship2
RumShopRyan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote

I'll give the thumbnail intro a shot as well. My name is Ryan and I'm 36 years old and sailing solo. I'm a Caribbean travel writer and can't get enough of these beautiful islands. I write for Answers.com and my own site http://RumShopRyan.com I'll be posting photos of our cruise on the site and on the RumShop Facebook page http://Facebook.com/RumShopRyan if family or friends would like to follow along! I'm very excited to meet everyone and looking forward to a grand adventure. Cheers!

Only worry in the world is if the tides gonna reach my chair. Cheers!

http://RumShopRyan.com
http://Caribbean.Answers.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: