The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 29-September 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimz24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: August 29-September 4 Reply with quote

Hello,
Is anyone else going aug 29 - sept 4?
This will be my first time out of the US and our first cruise( not in the Navy), we are soooooo excited!!!!

Kim n Luther
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just booked for this sailing date! We are so excited! We have never been sailing before but we are very excited!
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scubamomof3 and Mimz24 you are in for a real treat. Leave all your worries behind, and just relax and go with the flow. It will be one of the best vacations ever. Any questions, just ask and someone will respond. Welcome aboard!! See you at the bar for cocktail when it's 5 o'clock somewhere!!
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we are Alex and Theresa. I did have two question to anyone. What is the average tip for each crew member? If part of our trip goes into September, will lobster be available?

Thanks Alex and Theresa
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobster is available in months with an R.
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tips are optional but after you sail, I'm sure you'll agree the crew is awesome, and deserves a tip as they do everything possible to make your sail the best experience ever! At the end of your sail, when you settle out your account, you can add your tip. $150/person/week is recommended but you can tip at your pleasure. The tips are then divided among the crew so do not tip individually.

You'll be right at the beginning of lobster season come September, so hopefully there will be lobster on the menu!!

scubamomof3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm feeling the need to listen to some Jimmy Buffett right now...
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: We are coming too! Reply with quote

Hi! My husband and I have been booked since last September for this week. We have never been to Grenada. We have cruised on big ships before but never a small one together. (My husband did a windjammer while in college in early 80's). We are staying at the Allamanda for three nights before cruise. We are from Virginia. Have been counting the days, can't wait. Renee
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: We are coming too! Reply with quote

Skippy1978 wrote:
Hi! My husband and I have been booked since last September for this week. We have never been to Grenada. We have cruised on big ships before but never a small one together. (My husband did a windjammer while in college in early 80's). We are staying at the Allamanda for three nights before cruise. We are from Virginia. Have been counting the days, can't wait. Renee

Renee, hopefully you will be in Grenada long enough to take at least a half-day tour either before or after your sail. It is a beautiful island and large enough to have a wide variety of topography; numerous great beaches, rain forest, even a lake at the top of the island in the cone of an extinct volcano. Enjoy your vacation!
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where in Virginia?
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renee, we will be staying at the Allamanda for 2 days before the trip on August 29th as well. We can't wait until August! -Alex and Theresa (college in the 80's also)

I didn't know about the lake in the volcano. Sounds very interesting!
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: The Shenandoah Valley Reply with quote

caribbeangirl wrote:
where in Virginia?

Bob and I are from Rockbridge Baths. A tiny little town outside Lexington. We are in woods close to the Maury River. I see your from Chesapeake. We have had more than our fair share of snow this year. Ready for some warm weather. Can't wait till August though - going to Aruba next week for 6 days. We've been before so just plan to sit on beach, sip rum and let the wind blow over us.
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubamomof3 wrote:
Renee, we will be staying at the Allamanda for 2 days before the trip on August 29th as well. We can't wait until August! -Alex and Theresa (college in the 80's also)

We can look you up. We will get there late first night because our flight comes in around 830p I think. We'll have time to get the lay of the land before you get there. I will research the volcano. Renee and Bob
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubamomof3 wrote:

Check out this website for information on all things Grenada: http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Skippy. Tuck and I are your neighbors. We live in Crozet, and Tuck graduated from VMI so we go in that direction occasionally. We are avid Island Windjammers, and will be doing our 9th week on Diamant in April. It's an addiction!! cocktail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: