The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 29-September 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Missed posts Reply with quote

I thought I had my settings set so I would know if someone posted to thread, apparently not.

We got the email from monja also, thought we we would use them when we get off ship. Alex and Theresa ,I think we are going to same hotel, we could share taxi if you haven't already arranged something.
I'll check back later today.
Is everyone packed. I have some stuff laid out, but not totally. Have to work 20 hrs before we leave Wednesday am. I have been up making home made ice cream for a church lunch. Sorry I can't bring some in my suitcase to share - it's oreo.

See all in Miami,
Renee - Bob is in Pennsylvania and won't be home til Tuesday- just enough time to throw things in his suitcase. Hi
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have already booked our transfers with Monja. When I emailed her, I told her that we didn't mind sharing a taxi with others.

I don't feel quite ready! I'm working on it!
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question. Has anyone checked in their luggage the aerosol sunscreen? Is that allowed?
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubamomof3 wrote:
Another question. Has anyone checked in their luggage the aerosol sunscreen? Is that allowed?

I don't know of anyone who has done it. I would personally recommend grabbing a tube of your favorite strength 'screen, pop it into a plastic bag, then pop that into a ziplock bag before putting all into your luggage ... nothing worse than finding a tube of "sun grease" burst all over your clean laundry! For as long as I have double-bagged my liquids, I've never had one leak ... fail to double-bag will guarantee one or more will make a mess - go figure.

Saucy
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take a tube of sunscreen with me and then buy an aerosole spray sunscreen in Grenada. You'll find it at the IGA grocery store at Spiceland Mall and at other shops that carry sunscreen. No problem mon. Then I leave the aerosole can, if there is any left, onboard Diamant.
scubamomof3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have plenty of rub on sunscreen I will take and I guess I will buy some spray when I get there! Thanks guys! 3 days til Grenada!
voyager
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget insect repellent!

7500 sunrises yet to go make every last one of them count!

Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with packing aerosols in my check in luggage. I pack aerosol bug spray and sunscreen double bagged just in case and there has never been a problem. I've done this for years,
IndianaCheeseHead
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Onion wrote:
I've never had a problem with packing aerosols in my check in luggage. I pack aerosol bug spray and sunscreen double bagged just in case and there has never been a problem. I've done this for years,

What onion said..... good news
caribdreamer
Privateer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have also taken aerosol sunscreen in checked luggage without any problems.
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Transfers and packing Reply with quote

Got my transfers from airport to hotel to ship to airport today. It was so easy I emailed her tonight and asked about her tours. I had thought we would just find a taxi driver on the street for a tour. That's what we usually do when we get off a cruise ship. But it may be easier to book one with Monja.

I told my husband we were all rendezvousing in Miami . He asked if we were wearing roses on our lapels. I will work on an identifier like a Mardi gras necklace. Or we could shout out "who's sailing on the Diamont? Ahoy matee!"

I'm excited. Cleaning tonight, a few hours left to work tomorrow. The To Do list is too long to get it all done by 6am Wednesday.

I have several tubes sunscreen ready to pack and a natural bug repellant.
Renee
Texasgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scubamomof3, Skippy1978, Mimz24...are all of you on the 5:05 flight out of Miami on Wed? If so, I will be on that flight as well (solo). My flight to Miami doesn't land until 3:45pm, so it will be a hustle to make it to the plane going to Grenada. Hopefully the gates aren't too far apart and there's not a long line at security!!
Skippy1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: All aboard Reply with quote

Texas girl, I think we will all be on that flight. I am from Texas originally - Virginia now - I look forward to hearing where you are from. We'll hold the plane for you. Renee
Texasgirl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy1978, I've been in Ft Worth for 21 years! I'm on sail # 2 with Island Windjammers; sailed on Sagitta last November but had to scratch the Diamant itch and now the time is finally here! I have a feeling this trip will be just as good! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
calsailor
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: just jealous Reply with quote

I am feeling a tad bit jealous of all of you getting ready to head down island for my favorite ship. I have a few months to go till my January fix.

I pack all my liquids in Tupperware containers and have never had a problem. Plus, then I can just lift out the container and place it in a safe place in the cabin and they won't roll all over during sails....

If you have the time, go to the market down town. If you are in the Grand Anse area, the minibuses run frequently from the main drag and the fare in only a dollar US. They are safe, friendly and fun.....

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: