The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valentines Day 2014 Shipmates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cerulean Blue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Valentines Day 2014 Shipmates Reply with quote

M&T Checking in for the Feb 14th sailing. See you all next Friday tanning
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so jealous! Have to wait until April.
Cerulean Blue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra wrote:

Ohh, please don't be jealous. Your time is coming! Then when you are on the ship, we will all envy you! What goes around comes around.
Hard to believe we will be in Grenada tomorrow night!!. Leaving for the big city tonight, getting on the plane tomorrow morning. Too bad MIA layover is so looonnnggggg. Thought about doing some sight seeing while in MIA, but really don't want to take ANY chances at all of missing our flight.
I'll try to post some trip reports in early March of both ships. Cheers!,
M&T

Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerulean Blue wrote:
Sandra wrote:

Ohh, please don't be jealous. Your time is coming! Then when you are on the ship, we will all envy you! What goes around comes around.
Hard to believe we will be in Grenada tomorrow night!!. Leaving for the big city tonight, getting on the plane tomorrow morning. Too bad MIA layover is so looonnnggggg. Thought about doing some sight seeing while in MIA, but really don't want to take ANY chances at all of missing our flight.
I'll try to post some trip reports in early March of both ships. Cheers!,
M&T

How long is your layover in MIA? If it is for several hours, you can check your carry on luggage at the airport for a fee, and take the shuttle bus to Miami Beach area. The shuttles run quite frequently and simply plan to be back with time to spare at the airport. I did it last summer when I had an 8 hour layover.

There is an information booth located near the lobby of the MIA Airport Hotel ... they pointed me in the right direction and got me started toward the bus. You need to take a free shuttle to where you get the buses to outlying areas, then get a bus pass for downtown. I don't recall the cost exactly, but I think about $5 allows you to ride several bus routes and the drivers were all friendly and very helpful to me last summer.

If you take a taxi, it will cost $$$ .. the buses are the way to go.
Bermuda Onion
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time we had a long layover we took a cab to South Beach (can't remember how much it cost) and had lunch and people watched on Ocean Drive until it was time to head back to the airport.
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is buying a pass to the Admirals' Club. You can get one for $50 or 30 days for $99. If you look at the fine print, you are allowed to bring in a couple of guests for that price. Inside they have more comfortable chairs, home made cookies, tea, coffee, etc and a reasonably priced bar. I found that I spent les in there than roaming the hallways of the airport and was able to get a decent nap! Thanks to Calsailor who made the original suggestion.
rhianna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my wife, and my brother and his wife will be aboard! It was twelve degrees here in the hoosier state this morning. REALLY looking forward to this trip!
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhianna when will ya'll be onboard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Diamant Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: