The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flights to Grenada and from St. Maarten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telecomgal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Flights to Grenada and from St. Maarten Reply with quote

This is a real challenge to find flights. What am I missing? Flying from Spokane, Washington. I obviously can get to Miami, Atlanta, NY...what is the secret to finding a flight to Grenada and from St. Maarten. Some of the options appear to take 80 hours...you have got to be kidding! What am I missing? Any suggestions.

Anita
Liz
Flagwaver and Keeper of the Flame

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi telecomgal--please email reservations@islandwindjammers.com, and we'll be happy to help you look at flights. Spokane can be a little tricky, but it definitely shouldn't take 80 hours!

cheers Liz

sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Airlines is most likely your best bet. Plan to spend a night in the Miami Airport Hotel on the way out, and you'll have better luck with flights. The hotel is right in the airport, so it's very convenient, and right near baggage pickup. Nice rooms. We book multi-city: San Diego to Miami, Miami to Grenada, Grenada to Miami and Miami to SD.

From a fellow left coaster....

telecomgal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Flights to Grenada and from St. Maarten Reply with quote

Success!! I used Orbitz. Only 22 hours each way. Spokane to Grenada. St. Maarten to Spokane. Spokane across the country can be a challenge! Thank you to the other left coaster and Liz for your suggestions.

Anita
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully that 22 hours includes an o'nite somewhere. Otherwise, that's still a long haul!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: