The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sailing on Sagitta Dec 14-Dec 20 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilmottjk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Sailing on Sagitta Dec 14-Dec 20 2014 Reply with quote

Anyone else sailing on Sagitta Dec 14, 2104? Just a Canadian getting away from the December cold.
Jotum
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there. Also staying on the island before and after. Looks like they got hit badly by the hurricane but are recovering fast. Bring your Deet for the mosquitos.
wilmottjk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Dec 14 Reply with quote

I am doing a Solo sail. There's not a great deal of information on the Solo cabins but maybe that should be a surprise. My wife and I are sailing on NCL Pearl for 10 days before I arrive for Sagitta. We have sailed on the Arabella through BVI so I'll be able to compare some things.
I wonder if the hotel Passanggranhan was damaged in the hurricane. How much are you supposed to write on these? Thanks
Saucy Secretary O The Sea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Dec 14 Reply with quote

wilmottjk wrote:
I am doing a Solo sail. There's not a great deal of information on the Solo cabins but maybe that should be a surprise. My wife and I are sailing on NCL Pearl for 10 days before I arrive for Sagitta. We have sailed on the Arabella through BVI so I'll be able to compare some things.
I wonder if the hotel Passanggranhan was damaged in the hurricane. How much are you supposed to write on these? Thanks

Welcome!!

My understanding is that there was minimal damage to Passanggrahan or Holland House and both should be in fine condition upon your arrival.

Solo cabins are small sleeping compartments with storage space beneath the bed and a couple of drawers. No porthole and the 2 solo cabins share 1 bathroom/shower. You can see images of them here: http://islandwindjammers.com/sailing-ship-sagitta.aspx simply slide down to the schematic and run your computer mouse over the red dots for actual photos.

How much can you write here? I guess it's almost unlimited number of characters ... I can ramble on and never get told I'm out of space.

Saucy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Sagitta Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: