The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empire Rising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Ye Olde Salt Book Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Empire Rising Reply with quote

Fellow submariner Rick Campbell has cranked out another novel even better than his first: Trident Deception. It is one of the most exciting books I have read and one that was hard to put down. China and the US go at it over Taiwan and the action never stops. All the war toys come into play except an atomic bomb. Submarines, aircraft carriers, planes, missiles and electronic warfare go all out. Navy Seals get into the action and the heroine gets shot so many times I lost count.

The book makes one wonder just how vulnerable out big aircraft carriers are. Personally I tend to think of them as in a similar situation to the pre WW2 battleships at Pearl Harbor. Some may consider the premise is a stretch others will see it as a realistic possibility. Either way "Empire Rising" is a fun five star read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> Ye Olde Salt Book Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: