The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15 -21 and 22- 28 May 2016 back/back BVI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: 15 -21 and 22- 28 May 2016 back/back BVI Reply with quote

I am sailing a back/back on s/v Vela in BVI on 15-21 and 22-28 May. This will be the third and fourth vacation with IWJ. Have done two 12 days on Diamant. This isn't my first time to BVI. I did (2) on Flying Cloud, (1) on Arabella and (1) on Roseway. Plus, sailed Pirate lady in Bahamas , Polynesia in Aruba and did a live aboard sailing in the Galapagos Islands. Plus, sailed the seven seas with the USN. Havent been back in a few years and it will be fun to walk in the pirate foot steps again. Looking forward to a painkiller in Tortola and dancing at Foxy's. Pls, contact me if you too are sailing.

[/url]

Last edited by Paul on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you!! Hopefully you'll find some mermaids in the BVIs.
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

hammock thanks you This pirate is always looking for that mermaid

[/url]
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Hotle for one night Reply with quote

Getting a little closer to Vela and BVI. I just booked a one night at Maria by the Sea in Tortola the night before the sail. I will be flying into St Thomas on 14 May from Newark on United and take the ferry over. Done the BVIs before and the biggest problem I found is the ferry schedule especially on the weekends. the weekends they don't ferry as much. Hard to fly in the same day a catch a ferry to make the sail check in. Maria by the sea is a medium priced and close to Pusser's Landing. If you want to join me the night before let me know. Since I am doing a two week trip, Let me know if you are interested in drinks on sat 21 sat May . I will be staying on the Vela between the trips. FYI, THE 21 IS FULL MOON .

[/url]
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mermaid is waiting......
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the mermaid

[/url]
caribbeangirl
Privateer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you staying after your sail? There is a group coming the following week that is a reunion of a Rum Runner cruise on the Poly. Maybe we could get together.
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be leaving after my second sail. Thanks for asking

[/url]
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re that ferry (NOT the mermaid).
It CAN be dicey. We had a prepaid ticket to go to Tortola from St. Thomas, but there was no line for those. We had to get in the huge crowd of other folks trying to get onto the final ferry of the day. Lots of pushing and crowding. We finally grabbed someone who worked there, said we were prepaid and could we please drop off our bags NOW and get on the ferry?! Took some cajoling, but it happened.....and we were the last 2 on that final ferry of the day. Moral of that story.....be pushy! And do so early!

We had heard stories, so we actually had a Plan B, with info on a hotel to stay in if we got stuck in St. Thomas for the night. Fortunately, we weren't sailing til 2 days later. We have stayed 3x at the Village Cay Resort and Marina and highly recommend it. But our ship's tender (Arabella) was leaving right from the VCR&M docks. Very nice open-air restaurant and bar area. Very nice accommodations....we get a room overlooking the harbor. Friends have stayed at Mary's and liked it. But we liked being right at the docks, and easy to meet up with other passengers and sometimes, crew members.

Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true about the ferry to BVI. You have to plan your trip around the ferry especially on the weekend . Thanks for the reminder.

[/url]
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said friends had stayed at Mary's and liked it, I meant Maria's.
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks about Maria's. I am only going to be there one night. A few years ago before a Flying Cloud trip I spent a few days at Sebastian's on the back side of the island. Was a good place but really out of the way. I rented a car that time. Maria's is close to Pusser's and that is good for me. If I deside to do the full moon thing I ll take a taxi. It is full moon on the off day between the two trips. One of the reason I took these dates. Havent done BVI since Arabella.
It was the last week she sailed with the old owner. BVI is good for me. Two trips on Diamant and time for something else. Thanks again

[/url]
RkyMtCCRN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul....Myself and two of my girlfriends will be sailing the Sagitta on your first week (May 15-21). We are all seasoned Tall Ship sailors! We are flying in on May 12th, staying in St Thomas that night, and then ferry over to Tortolla on the 13th to hang until we board on the 15th. We have all been to the BVIs but not in some time so really looking forward to returning. We have not set up hotels yet but I am sure we will chat as time gets closure.

~Shelly

Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelly, You said you were sailing Sagitta on the 15 May. Think you made a mistake. You mean VELA right. I checked IWJ web and Sagitta is doing a 12 day explore out of ST Lucia. I saw you friend Kim posted on Scotts sailing list she and two friends were sailing. I am flying into St Thomas on sat. 14 May. I will be staying at Maria's by the Sea for one night before boarding. As we get closer Ill touch base with you ladies. This is my third with IWJ other two tris were 12 days on Diamant and done other Barefoots before too. Might want to look into Bongalo Bay in St Thomas. Stayed there a few years ago before a Arabella trip. Family owned and lives at the resort. I would go back. Recommended by IWJ too I am sure Pussers, Roadstown will be one of my hangouts. Thanks for reaching out. Anything questions on BVI pls ask. I have been there a few times.

Paul

[/url]
RkyMtCCRN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right...I meant Vela for May :)

I have Sagitta on the brain as I am sailing her over New years...leave Christmas Day for SXM.

By the time we sail the Vela I think it will be my 8th trip with IWJ. Also did lots of sails with Windjammer Barefoot cruises before they went under and a sail on the Star Clipper.

Once we figure out where we are staying will let you know. We can definitely connect more after the holidays and this sail gets closer Hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: