The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FISHING IN BVI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: FISHING IN BVI Reply with quote

On my last two trips to Diamant in Grenada I took a rod, reel and lures and fished the 12 day explorer trip. I have a trip scheduled in May 2016 on Vela in the BVIs. YOU CANNT FISH IN BVI WITHOUT A LICENSE. You can look the information up on line and you can read the laws. Bottom line is if you put a line in the water you better have a license. The easiest thing is contact LAST STOP RESORT. Pay them 64 dollars and they will get you a license two weeks before you arrive. You also need to send them a passport picture for the fishing license. This license is not transferrable to anyone else. There are area in BVI which are located inside the National Parks and there is no fishing. The Captain and crew will have to learn the rules too. I know the crew sometimes like to fish and this no fishing without a license will mean them too. Contact me if I can be of any help

[/url]
Octoberbabe
Privateer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information, Paul.

Di
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. went on line and order license last week. they will sent to me (email) two weeks before my trip. sailing Vela in BVI for two weeks in May ( 15-28) 2016. Doing two 6/6 back to back.

[/url]
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I get closer to my date of sailing 15-28 May on Vela, the one thing I thought was locked and not to worry was the fishing license. Got an email on Monday from LAST STOP RESORT in Tortola that they no longer will be doing fishing license for BVI. After numerous emails and one phone call to the Dept of Fisheries for BVI. I think I will be mailed a license. I did try to mail them the license permit but told me the mail is very very very slow . I heard of "island time" for service but for mail too. ha ha . to keep the story short. If you are planning on doing fishing or the hassle of bring your rod and reel to BVI for these Vela's time in BVI. PLs, contact (pm). I tell you more. BOTTOM LINE IS YOU CANNT FISH IN BVI WITHOUT A LICENSE AND THE FINE IS CRAZY LARGE WITHOUT ONE.

[/url]
Sandra
Privateer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Guess you'll have to fish for mermaids!
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra, It was a big pain to get the license but I think I am set. I don't have it yet but see the Dept of Fisheries has a pending on my credit card. Most of the times we take so many things for granted. Fishing in BVI could be one of them. If you wait until you get there you wouldn't get one. They are closed for early Friday until Monday. With the sailing schedule on sun and arriving on sat , You would have to arrive three of four days early . Hopegully this wouldn't be all a drill/waste and Ill land a fish. Lastly thankfully I didn't have this problem on Diamant

[/url]
Paul
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the wahoo around 10am I think it was the channel between St Vincent and Bequia. Chef Barney cook him for lunch that day. It was so so good

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: