The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marigot Bay Lodging
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOHoser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Marigot Bay Lodging Reply with quote

Lodging
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia
As of January, 2016
[In approximate High End to Low End order]
[List May Not Be Complete]

EMAIL:

www.CapellaMarigotBay.com
ContactMarigotBay@CapellaHotels.com

www.MarigotBeachClub.com
info@MarigotBeachClub.com

www.OasisMarigot.com
info@OasisMarigot.com

www.MangoBeachMarigot.com
MangoBeachInn@MarigotBay.com

www.ChateauMygo.com
info@ChateauMygo.com

JJ's Paradise Inn
Find on www.Expedia.com

Marigot Bayside Cottages:
www.AirBnB.com
Manager: SueBeckwith123@Gmail.com
+1 758-721-5182
Also, for Airport Transportation

Swiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed at the Oasis. It was very nice.
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed at JJ's Paradise before boarding Vela at the beginning of January. Nothing too fancy but it was perfect for us. Price wasn't too high. Some work going on around the secondary pool area but isn't there always some sort of work happening in the Caribbean. Walking distance to waterfront restaurant and bar (Pirate's Bay Restaurant I believe), cheap water taxi ($2 US per person I believe) to the dock/slip where Vela was stationed. Duty free and marina type shopping right by Vela, from there it's a free ferry ride across the harbor to Doolittle's and more beach front. (Free if you buy a drink or meal from Doolittle's. Be sure to ask for your receipt/ticket to give to the ferry driver) We had a drink at Doolittle's in order to to utiltize the "courtesy" ferry and then wandered to one of the beach bar stalls for US$2 Piton's. Doolittle's isn't super expensive but the $2 beer called to our thrifty nature! Plus it spread the commerce around the area, not just leaving all our dollars in one place.

SIDE NOTE - For anyone who tires of island lager's (I do but don't...) Pirate Bay has a couple of St Lucia brewed craft beers on tap. When we were there it was a pale ale and a blonde ale. A bit more than the Piton but it definitely sported more flavor! All else fails just drink rhum!!!

sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed at Marigot Bay Beach Resort (where Doolittles is) and liked it very much. Tropical setting, very nice 2nd story waterfront room with oversize covered balcony, and we liked Doolittle's. Beach toys to rent. Ferry ride is 5 min or less. A little pricier than some of the others if arriving late and just staying just one night. If staying longer and looking to just enjoy the tropical setting, which we did, it was very very nice. Live music some evenings. Food was quite good.
jimsaint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great place to decompress from busy season. I'm splurging on Marigot Bay's deluxe beachfront studio... 1 night before and 4 after the cruise.
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm envious! I'd sure like to be back there.....deluxe beachfront studio, that's what we had, I'm sure.
Jotum
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed at the Capella. It is the 5 star of the area and right where the Vela docks. Can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Many of then called us by name after a day or so and would try to see what they could do for us.
Room was great. King bed with beautiful mosquito netting which they turn down every night and leave water and a snack by the bed. Double sink, nice shower and all the other amenities in the bathroom. Free wifi, refrigerator, and beer and ice delivered for free at around 4pm.
Several nice restaurants and a SPA. A couple pools with lounges and nice double sized cabanas. They bring around free coconuts at noon and then some small snack about every hour to those at the pools (sushi, cervachi, small smoothie, biscotti, etc)
I don't think it is posted but they give a good discount for IWJ (check with IWJ to get the particulars). It is pricey, but feels good to be pampered a little.
Railmon Mike
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn - I just booked a room at Marigot Beach Club. It seemed a bit pricey but after seeing this list maybe it's time to look around again. It looks nice but for one night a Motel 6 would be okay. As long as they have a clean room & bed.
sailorJM
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're gettin in at night and leaving in the am, it might be Motel 6 time.
But if you have some time to enjoy the setting, it's worth it, I say.

jimsaint

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, hope you stick with Marigot Beach Hotel.
Railmon Mike
Buccaneer
Buccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Jim, that sounds like a good idea. The thought of trying to find somewhere else doesn't sound very exciting & since I should be arriving in the afternoon will mean there will be time to enjoy the amenities.
jimsaint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll have a nice time, Mike. Looking forward to it! I arrive 1:17 Sat. on AA at UVF.
kat1021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place with two beds, or at least one bed and a proper pull out sofa? I'm traveling with my father. Possibly brother as well, so if anyone knows of a place with room for three to sleep (and not in the same bed!), that would also be helpful. I've looked up several places but they all seem to reference one bed.
Thanks a lot!
cap'nemo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oasis Marigot has a queen bed on the first level and a full sized sofa pull out on the second level with a small kitchen. Not the three separate beds though. I'm not sure if they have roll-a-ways but they might. It would be snug but there is space for a roll-a-way.
kat1021

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: