The Sea Shanty Forum Index The Sea Shanty

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 14th sail date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Feb 14th sail date Reply with quote

Anyone sailing Feb 14th? I've got a taxi lined up from Vieux Fort I'd love to share. I'm sailing solo and looking to make some new friends and share adventures. I'm arriving somewhat late Saturday the 13th at 4:35pm and overnighting at JJ's Paradise.

Make yourselves heard.

[/b]
CarlandSara

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: How was it????? Reply with quote

We are sailing the Vela in 3 weeks, and staying at JJ's Paradise. If you don't mind, a couple of quick questions:

Any complaints about JJ's? We have booked JJ's. Not looking for frills; just a clean, pleasant place to stay for the night.

Around what time did you return to Marigot Bay at the end of the trip? We have a flight out on Saturday at 2:15 from UVF, & we're hoping that we dock early enough to get us back to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks! I hope you had a wonderful time!

Sara
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stayed at JJ's and liked it. Simple and clean, the right price and we only needed one night.

We were back in time to de board by 10am.

CarlandSara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks, Pirate 4 Hire. Good to know! :D
Pirate 4 Hire
Diamant Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

CarlandSara wrote:
Thanks, Pirate 4 Hire. Good to know! :D

Happy to share! Here is an excerpt from a post right after we had returned with a little more detail.

We stayed at JJ's Paradise before boarding Vela at the beginning of January. Nothing too fancy but it was perfect for us. Price wasn't too high. Some work going on around the secondary pool area but isn't there always some sort of work happening in the Caribbean. Walking distance to waterfront restaurant and bar (Pirate's Bay Restaurant I believe), cheap water taxi ($2 US per person I believe) to the dock/slip where Vela was stationed. Duty free and marina type shopping right by Vela, from there it's a free ferry ride across the harbor to Doolittle's and more beach front. (Free if you buy a drink or meal from Doolittle's. Be sure to ask for your receipt/ticket to give to the ferry driver) We had a drink at Doolittle's in order to to utiltize the "courtesy" ferry and then wandered to one of the beach bar stalls for US$2 Piton's. Doolittle's isn't super expensive but the $2 beer called to our thrifty nature! Plus it spread the commerce around the area, not just leaving all our dollars in one place.

CarlandSara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Wonderful! Reply with quote

We are SO looking forward to this! Sara

cocktail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Sea Shanty Forum Index -> S/V Vela Sailing Dates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: